Hey y’all and happy 2018!
Just a small update on the CLC Eastport Nesting Pram. I got the sheet of 10mm all cut up. That consists of the transom, bow, nesting bulkhead all with doublers, plus skeg and various other pieces, 11 in total and ready to start gluing the doublers to the corresponding parts mentioned.
I never mentioned how I transferred the full size patterns to the ply sheets. Really easy! Just lay them out considering wood grain direction and poke holes on the lines. Then line up the holes on the plywood. I used an old screwdriver and a sponge to pad my palm.
Any hoo….I’ve come with a trick to do most of the cutting at home. Half an hour before going to work I make some “noise” for half an hour and split before anyone complains… and it’s working! What isn’t working are the supports I’m using on the balcony, which aren’t very stable and I have to shift alot when sawing long lines. And the other day kneeling and adjusting, I nicked my nose on the wood. Done cutting I wiped my face with my hand and realized I was full of blood! Looks kinda gory but it’s fine. Just everyone at work thinks I was in “trouble” but haven’t noticed I shaved my beard. Go figure.
And an other thing I’m haven’t figured out is where to source my epoxy. And what is really getting to me is that noone here has ever heard of wood flour! For now I’m collecting my own from the domestic mess I’m making….. minus the blood!
Stay tuned, follow your nose, it always knows.
ps….. I think I might be done cutting by the end of next week! Lots of cutting, rasping, filing and planing to go.
pss…. by the kit next time!!!!!