Hey all. Just a quicky to add to this journal of ____ … you fill the blanks. I’ve been going down to Zoot Allures every weekend and I cant say I’ve got much to show.
An on going job has been to reveal the doghouse ceiling and to figure out the wiring and to maybe get the light, horn and floodlight working. I got the ceiling off and also the floodlight. It’s got an old sealbeam bulb, something I haven’t seen in over 25 years. If I find a replacement and the $$s are right, I might re-instal it. Otherwise… well, one last thing to worry about. What really has me in a rut is that all the wires go into the doghouse combing and I can’t figure where they come out. Plus I don’t really feel like tearing everything apart. The confusing part is that all the walls are too thin with no combings… it’s only over the windshields ?!?!?
Another thing that’s got be baffled is how Kostas manages to take out the fuel pump hidden under the exhaust manifold and how I would manage one day. D’oh! The status with that and the sick Perkins is that the pump and injectors are at the shop. If they’re ok we’ll check the cylinder pressure. Fingers are crossed that we don’t need to remove the cylinder head D’oh squared!
Meanwhile, back home, the floodlight is hitting the kitchen sink getting a good cleaning with vinegar. It’s seen better days but I kinda like it’s weathered look. I’ve also been practicing a lot with the Imperial sewing machine and I’ve gotten up the nerve to actually make a project. I did some last minute shopping at a sail/fabric place here downtown. Got some V92 polyester thread, some double-sided tape (seamstick) for hemming, a couple of meters of synthetic fabric. While I was there I also picked up some hand sewing needles and a sailmakers palm. You never know when you gotta sew something, dare I say a sail, in the middle of nowhere.
Capt. hemmin’ Pete
ps… digging the books. Mind-boggling!