Beep, beep, beep…
It’s Wednesday. Heat exchanger is at the shop to be repaired (hopefully ready today). We are aiming for Friday again if all goes well. Winds have become an issue. They’re piping up as of Friday to 20knots and 25 on Monday thu next week. If I launch, it’ll be “Baptism by Fire” . In preparation, yesterday I went shopping (arg$$). Got the mandatory flares and smoke thingy (may it expire unused), aqua repair stick epoxy putty (may it rot in storage), spreader boots, some twine thread, rubberweld tape (kinda like rescue tape… very useful), new anchor windlass foot switches for the upcoming repair, and a couple of led lights for the mast (5W instead of 25!).
After work yesterday, off to the boat. Did some last minute putty work on the bow and proceeded re-taping the waterline and the second coat of antifoul paint. The sun was setting in my eyes and it was a race for the light. The very last touches were nearly in the dark. They say the best part is removing the tape when your done, which wasn’t the case… I couldn’t see shit!!! It’s gonna be a case of ” the evening doings are revealed by the day”.
Today I’ll head out again after work to see what the hell I’ve done. Today’s mini projects is cleaning up the last electrics, installing the mast led’s and checking. I might even pull out the old windlass solenoids and prep for the new installation.
Then again, who knows what I’ll do?!? If the heat exchanger is ready, we can install it Thursday evening, run the engine and launch Friday. I kinda got a feeling it ain’t gonna happen, though I’ve been wrong in the past…
ps… I’m not holding my breathe. Neither should you! (lol)
pss… Next week I’m getting slammed by the winds and from work. International music day on Thursday, contraceptive conference thru the week, dental appointment…. NARF!!!
“It is what it is”