So… pre-caulk prep. This entails checking and last minute scraping. Then cleaning the grove with an acetone soaked rag and a spatula. Vacuuming, taping off. Caulking, fingering, tape removal…. TaDaaaaa! This is a lot more work than I expected. First of all it means being on your knees and dragging them while leaning over the side. Yes I got knee pads but they eventually burn you skin after going up and down approx 4 times for 20meters! Plus… polyurethane is nasty messy stuff, my gloves would give out and my index finger tip is really numb (kinda freaking me out). Of course camera usage was nearly impossible on my own but here a few pics.
Taped and prepared groove
Pealing tape off (the fun stuff)
Bytheway… don’t finger the caulk after removing the tape… it will mess it all up.
Other stuff done… I removed the plastic covering the life lines and discovered (the smart way) quite a few “meat hooks”.Hmmm.
I also un-punged and removed a few bulwark screws which need re-sealing/re-seating. I only used 3 tubes of sealant and I’ll probably use it for this stuff and a few other joints
This week I’m working afternoons. I took the public transportation today from Zoot Allures. Seems do-able. 1 1/2 hours approx
I had coffee with Kosta and Paula this morning and verified I am splashing next week! Tomorrow is Perkins 4.108 service day or if not possible… time to lay down some woodskin…. weather providing.
Numb fingers crossed,
ps… there’s so much more to be done, but it’ll been done afloat. I’m sure diving in the sea will be rejuvenating after slaving to ma baby!
pss…. umm, I’m supposed to be working now… narf!